Advanced composites can help solve many complicated problems for X-ray products, surgical equipment, or diagnostic devices, whether they are stationary or mobile. From improved radiolucency, portability, and strength, our innovative use of composites can help you find a cost effective solutions to medical equipment design challenges.
Advantages of Composites
- Lightweight for portability
- Radiolucent or x-ray reflective
- Customized radio density of material
- Thermal stability
- Tight tolerances / precision
- Unique and complex shapes
- Special coatings for FDA compliance
- Cosmetic appearance
- Robotic arms
- Surgical tables
- X-ray tables
- Portable devices
- And more…
Why Rock West?
- Innovative, novel, cost effective solutions
- Quality culture, AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Research and development experience in medical device field
- Right-sized company for optimal program efficiency
Portable X-ray Machine
Our customer was developing a new medical product on a short schedule. Their design required carbon fiber so the parts would be lightweight, very stiff, and radiolucent, and budget did not allow for high non-recurring engineering costs for tooling. We developed a self-pressurizing, expanding mandrel that allows for specialized, complex geometries to be formed out of autoclave. This also allowed for a faster development cycle while keeping within the customer’s cost constraints.
Banner image courtesy Turner Imaging Systems